Thursday, April 12, 2007
French or any crusty bread
3-4 tomatoes, cut in half
1. Slice bread into 1-inch thick portions.
2. Rub the surface of the bread with tomato until it is reddish-pink.
3. Sprinkle salt on bread.
4. Drizzle olive oil.
5. Toast bread before serving, if desired.
***Tomato bread goes well with traditional Spanish tapas.
image source : Chili und Ciabatta
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
2 cups cooked rice
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
Heat oil in a frying pan.
Saute garlic, onions, and bell pepper until onions are transparent.
Add rice and mix well.
Add ketchup and continue stirring until well blended.
YOU WILL NEED:
2 cups powdered milk
1 medium can condensed milk
1 cup peanuts, ground finely (toasted if desired)
white sugar (for coating)
- Sift powdered milk into condensed milk. Mix well using spoon.
- Add ground peanuts. Mix again, then knead with hand. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Shape into small balls or tubes.
- Roll on sugar.
- Wrap in cellophane or candy paper if desired.
image source : Market Manila
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup packaged ground almond
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup plain yogurt (for dough)
1/4 cup warm water
extra butter for deep frying
1/2 cup plain yogurt (for dip)
1 tbsp. icing sugar (confectioner's sugar)
1. Combine the sifted flour and almonds in large bowl. Rub in melted butter.
2. Stir in combined yogurt and water. Mix to soft dough.
3. Turn the dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
4. Divide dough into desired number of portions. Roll portions into balls, then flatten with fingers.
5. Melt extra butter in medium saucepan.
6. Deep fry doughnuts a few at a time for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from pan, and drain on absorbent paper.
8. Toss hot doughnuts in caster sugar, then serve with sweet yogurt.
To make sweet yogurt dip: Combine 1 cup yogurt and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl. Mix well.
***Doughnuts are best made close to serving time.
image source : The Chocolate Tower
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
1/2 kilo of pork liver, cut into thick slices
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 onions, cut into rings
water for boiling
oil for sauteing
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and pepper
> In a deep pan, boil liver to tenderize. (put enough water to cover the liver.)When tender, set aside.
> Saute garlic in oil.
> Add liver and 1/2 cup of water.
> Pour in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
> Season well with salt and pepper.
> Add onion rings and simmer for 2-3 minutes. (Don't cook too long, or the onion ring will become soggy.)
image source : Sinica Edu
YOU WILL NEED:
1 cup cooked and diced chicken
5 tablespoon chopped pimiento
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1/4 cup chopped sweet green pepper
5 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a pan over low heat. Saute mushrooms and sweet pepper.
Add flour and seasonings.
Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
Slowly stir in milk and broth. Allow to boil over low heat, stirring continually.
Add chicken and pimiento. Continue cooking until meat is thoroughly heated.
Put in pastry cases or on toasted bread. Serve hot.
image source : E Rcps