Wednesday, April 11, 2007
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup packaged ground almond
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup plain yogurt (for dough)
1/4 cup warm water
extra butter for deep frying
1/2 cup plain yogurt (for dip)
1 tbsp. icing sugar (confectioner's sugar)
1. Combine the sifted flour and almonds in large bowl. Rub in melted butter.
2. Stir in combined yogurt and water. Mix to soft dough.
3. Turn the dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
4. Divide dough into desired number of portions. Roll portions into balls, then flatten with fingers.
5. Melt extra butter in medium saucepan.
6. Deep fry doughnuts a few at a time for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from pan, and drain on absorbent paper.
8. Toss hot doughnuts in caster sugar, then serve with sweet yogurt.
To make sweet yogurt dip: Combine 1 cup yogurt and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl. Mix well.
***Doughnuts are best made close to serving time.
image source : The Chocolate Tower
Learn how to Make Money Online and Acne Tips and Advices