Sunday, March 11, 2007
1/2 kilo pork, cubed or minced
1 small bunch of string beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 tbsp. oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 & 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. conrstarch dissolve in 1/2 cup water (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry garlic.
2. Add pork. When it turns brown, add soy sauce, water and salt.
3. Saute and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
4. Add beans and pour in water slowly. Mix well.
5. Cover pan and allow mixture to boil.
6. Turn down heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
7. If sauce dries up, add 1/2 cup of water.
8. If desire, thicken the sauce by adding cornstarch water. Stir well until sauce is smooth.
image source : Hormel Foods
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
12 quail eggs, hard boiled and shelled
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 potato, sliced
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste.
Marinate chicken in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and calamansi juice.
Fry in oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
Saute onion in a saucepan until tender.
Add flour and stir thoroughly.
Pour in broth and stir continually until mixture thickens.
Add fried chicken, quail eggs, pepper and potatoes.
Season with salt and pepper.
image source : Lindan Mississippi.
1 kilo beef sirloin
1 onion, sliced finely
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
oil for deep frying
FIRST: 1/2 cup cooking wine or Sprite
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
SECOND: ketchup as desired
1. Cut beef into thin slices. Marinate in first seasoning for 10 minutes.
2. Put two pieces of beef together. Put cheese and shredded onion in between.
3. Coat with egg and bread crumbs.
4. Press tight, then deep fry over low heat until golden brown.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with the remaining beef slices.
6. Drain and transfer to plate. Drizzle with ketchup before serving.
image source : NW Concessions, LLC
Friday, March 9, 2007
YOU WILL NEED:
2 cups fine shredded cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/3 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup thick whipping cream
Put all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and chill before serving.
image source : Vegan Family Favorites
3 small onions, thinly sliced
3 tbsp. butter
6 cups broth
6 slices toasted bread
1/4 grated cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 & 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Put butter in a saucepan.
2. Over low heat, brown onions until tender.
3. Add broth and seasonings. Stir occasionally while cooking.
4. Put soup in a bowl, put a slice of toasted bread on top, and pour brith mixture over it.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
image source : Symivisito